Warp supports people in Wales who wish to pursue an artistic practice with activity ranging from peer critique, mentoring and professional development, artist/curator talks, workshops and seminars to trips and social events. Warp also shares information and offers a resource. In these ways Warp provides a critical network for a community within and beyond Wales.
What’s on offer from Warp:
Warp is open 11am – 5pm Wednesday – Saturday.
- The Warp monthly e-bulletin contains information on news and events from Warp and g39 as well as opportunities, shows and events at other venues around Wales and the UK. To receive our bulletin sign up as An Artist via our online form
- The Library which you can book to work, read and research. We have a large range of books, journals and artist publications.
- Bookable access to workstations based in the Library with Photoshop and Final Cut software packages and access to a scanner.
- You can also access print and online subscriptions to A-N, Frieze, Art Monthly, Paris Review and Cabinet Magazine.
To enquire about booking time in the Library to work or use the workstations email email@example.com with the subject header Library Booking.
- Free public talks at the gallery from local, national and international artists and curators.
Advice and Mentoring:
- One-to-One free sessions with a member of g39 staff or visiting artists or curators.
Professional Development Opportunities:
- The Warp Internship is a paid 6month part-time job role that offers people with some early career experience in an arts organisation a next step in the pursuit of their career. The Intern receives training and support to gain hands on experience in running an arts organisation.
- UNITe is an artist studio residency programme at g39 for artists’ creative development, experimentation, research, critical discussions, and more.
For full information one these opportunities and details of how to apply check our websites, e-bulletin and social media posts.
- By Volunteering with us you can gain experience and skills in areas such as front of house duties, assisting at events, exhibition installation and Library maintenance. To register as a Volunteer fill out our online form and tick the Volunteer check box. If you have questions about volunteering email firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome participation from people irrespective of disability, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family responsibility, age, race, ethnic origin, nationality (subject to issue of work permit where required), trade union membership and activity, political or religious beliefs.